Monday, July 28, 2008

Working the waxes at Fundere foundry

I am back from Melbourne after working at the foundry over five days. It was facinating to work with the foundry guys and see their methods of cleaning and repairing the waxes they had worked on since they had left Adelaide.
I soon had the hang of it and worked quite hard every day.
Sean would pick me up from where I was staying, at 7:45am, we would have a cup of coffee and then set to work on the waxes, having a quick morning tea break, and a lunch break, then work till about 4:30pm. Sean would drop me off and I would go to the shops for food for the next day, then eat, have a bath and work on the waxes of the hands whilst I listened to the Tour de France on TV. Most nights I stayed up until 1:00am before finishing a set of hands so I was starting to become quite tired by the weekend.
John, my husband drove over to Melbourne on Saturday and we celebrated his birthday on Sunday. While he went to spend the day with his brother on Monday, I went to the foundry and completed the last of the waxes. During the time I was working on the waxes, Sean was sprueing up the finished waxes .
It was a great week albeit a long week, and I thoroughly enjoyed the rhythm of work at the foundry.

1 comment:

ang design said...

yey all done now, good work..