Tuesday, December 8, 2009

I finally have my studio.!!!

My window was finally fitted today after being promised on Friday and after waiting all day it did not come till this morning.
We were so browned off with the constant disappointment of the window not turning up ,we went ahead with sealing the floor which 2 days to cure and when it did not arrive yesterday we put on the second coat and it was hard enough to walk on today so we put some protective rubber on the floor and the window was installed.
We really need the sealer to harden before we start shifting all the gear back in so tomorrow we will begin to move in.
Apart from the time it took to complete, it looks a great space for me to work in. I need to buy some shelving and a workbench but I will get my electric kiln installed and my pottery stuff and then measure up the bench and shelving. It will be wonderful to get back into my own space as I have been working in the house and on the verandahfor the last 5 months.
The Viewing of the miniature went well, and they have had two definite orders and three more probables. About 40 people attended the Viewing and the food nibbles they served were delicious.

7 comments:

Linda Starr said...

Congrats on your finished studio and the sale of miniatures.

ang design said...

yey!! how exciting...happy studio filling with lots of stuff!!

judsculpt said...

Thanks Ang and Linda, Now I have to sort out 6 pallets of gear to put back again but I am so-oo happy to have the studio finished at last.

Anna said...

congrats Judith,good luck with moving all your gear.happy creating

judsculpt said...

Thanks Anna, It's a lot of stuff to sort through before i get organized.

Patricia Griffin Ceramics said...

Bravo Judi! I hope you have a great time settling in to your brand new space. How fun!

judsculpt said...

Thanks Patricia , not quite settled in yet but close.