Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Catching up

Erin

I have not been blogging for a while but there has been plenty going on.
The painting of Erin got through to the second round of judging which will be the finalists for the Doug Moran Portrait Prize . It would be wonderful to be a finalist in such a big Art Prize but I will be content to have got this far.
This painting was done about February / March this year. Erin said she would pose for me and I asked her if she would pose in a silly hat that she was fond of wearing , so this is the result.

So this is my gymnast in a serious mood and she thinks I have a good likeness of her.

My other granddaughter, Caitlin was painted before this one. Caitlin is in the middle of her last year at high school and has been hard at work with her art projects as part of her final year's work and I am very proud of her work ethics as she has been working all this time and getting all her assignments in on time.

No comments: